WHAT TO SAY
The What to Say pledge is simple: to stop diet and weight talk around kids (and to replace it with safer options).
The pledge exists because as adults, we want to protect the health and positive self-concept that kids are born with… because the alternative can have devastating consequences. The pledge is the first step in creating a safe food and body environment for the kids in your life.
Take the What To Say Pledge, Get Resources at Your Fingertips
- After signing the pledge, you will receive access to:
- Q&As about health, wellness, disordered eating and thinking, and more.
- Short videos that answer your questions (like this one!).
- Submit questions to be answered by experts.
- Short monthly emails with tips and tricks.
- Options for what to say instead of talking about diet/weight.
- In-depth discussions about our 7 Guiding Principles that help adults set kids up for success.
- In short, we’ll give you access to everything you need to make simple changes that will positively impact the kids around you.
To get started, take the pledge today and help us create a new reality built on health and the ability to heal, recover, and be an ally to those around you.
I’M CONCERNED ABOUT A CHILD IN MY LIFE
If you suspect a child in your life may be engaging in unhealthy food restriction, weight control behaviors, or related concerns, trust your gut and seek help. Early detection improves recovery outcomes and reduces long-term risks.
TAKE THE PLEDGE. GET RESOURCES.
Pledge to be an ally for the youth in your life. Sign our 30-second pledge to stop diet and weight talk today! By signing the pledge, you’ll unlock resources that answer your questions and provide you with actionable advice.
LEARN WHY OUR PLEDGE WORKS
Diet and weight talk are proven to negatively impact self-perception in kids and teens. What to Say works by equipping adults with alternative options. Learn more by clicking here!